Friday, April 5, 2013

April Showers . . .

Is is just me or has this been an unusually long, wet winter?  I can't tell you how ready I am to pull out my outdoor cushions and enjoy some sunshine on our back terrace.  But for now, more rain. 

Realizing I am a week behind, I wanted to share some pictures of my Easter table.  

The entire table started with this glassware.

Almost ten years ago, my parents house was struck by lighting and burned for a total loss.  After the fire, I asked my Mom about this glassware and she said it was lost.  Then around Christmas, she was in the attic of their new house and found them in a box!  Some sweet neighbor had recovered six of them and stored them in a box (which my Mom never bothered to open). She asked me if I wanted them and immediately, thoughts of Eddie Ross and his fabulous tables came to mind. 


So, I decided to make some runners for the my table that would compliment the pink.  I am not a huge pink person, but love the idea of being to use it for a special occasion lunch.  Such a great Spring feel. 
  
I  selected a fabric for my runners with a very vintage vibe (reminds me of my grandmother). Just look at that sweet bird!   

I also added some deep pink (almost red) velvet ribbon I found on a random trip to Atlanta awhile ago to the edges for more interest.

Then for the napkins, I used a more funky moroccan pattern.  This helps to bring the look back so it's not a total "grandmother's attic" look.

Then I used items I already had to continue to layer for a very formal look.  The tulips I grab at the grocery when I picked up my supplies for the meal!


One Tip: If you love the look of your dining table, runners are a great way to add interest without completely covering up your table.  They're also a lot less expensive than an entire custom tablecloth.

At the last minute, I decided to make the runners reversible.  I thought if I'm going to be sewing them anyway, why not add a different fabric to the backs (rather than just a liner fabric) and get two looks?  So, I added a very vibrant linen with a gorgeous velvet trim detail running the length of the runner.

I also selected a very funky fabric for a completely different set of napkins, but I've yet to make those!  Here's the fabric.

Once I finish these, I'll have a completely different look for my table.   Happy Weekend, everybody!  I'm hoping for a little sunshine. M.







No comments:

Post a Comment